Portland Car Transport Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions are an agreement between only the customer and his, her or its duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) and Portland Car Transport. These Terms and Conditions should be incorporated by reference into and made part of any and all orders submitted to Portland Car Transport by the owner(s) or agent(s) designated in the Order Form.
The Client agrees and understands that Portland Car Transport is a registered transportation and property broker. As such, Portland Car Transport is only acting in the capacity of a broker. In addition, the Client also allows Portland Car Transport to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (hereafter referred to as “Carrier”), to ship the vehicle(s) defined within the shipping order.
The Client also understands and agrees to the following terms by continuing with the transaction. In addition, the Client waives any claims based on not reading or understanding these terms and conditions and will not hold Portland Car Transport responsible for any costs or fees that arise due to not reading, understanding, or having knowledge of Portland Car Transport’s terms and conditions.
Conditions of Pickup and Delivery
1. The Client acknowledges and agrees that Portland Car Transport is hereby authorized to arrange shipment from the point of origin to the point of destination as specified in the Carrier Order Form.
2. The Carrier (as assigned by Portland Car Transport) is authorized to transport the Client’s motor vehicle(s) between the designated pickup and destination locations. These locations are set forth in the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
3. The arranged Carrier will pick up and deliver the Client’s vehicle(s) as close to the Client’s requested locations as possible, according to safety concerns and legalities. If necessary due to any unsafe conditions (such as low hanging trees, narrow streets, hanging wires, etc.) or legal concerns (such as restricted areas, etc.), then a new location will be agreed upon with the Client and Carrier.
4. Delays can occur prior to and/or during shipment due to any unforeseen conditions. This may include weather issues, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. For this reason, there are absolutely no guarantees for pickup or delivery times and dates. Portland Car Transport will provide the Client with an estimated, but not officially guaranteed, date for delivery and pickup.
5. Portland Car Transport will not be held responsible for any costs of damages or losses that occur due to delays of any kind or for any reason (i.e. Client’s car rental fees or any accommodation fees). In addition, Portland Car Transport cannot be held liable for the failure of mechanical or operating parts of the Client’s vehicle.
6. The Client is responsible for preparing the vehicle for shipment. To do so, the Client must remove and/or secure any loose parts (such as any low hanging spoilers, fragile accessories, etc.) Also, the Client must remove any outside mounted storage or racks. Essentially, anything that is not permanently attached must be removed before the shipment. In addition, the Client must disable any alarm system installed in the vehicle. If they do not, they must then provide instructions for the Carrier to do so. The Carrier is authorized to silence the alarm by any means in the event that said alarm sounds and they have no keys or instructions to turn it off.
7. Clients must present all vehicles to the Carrier in good running condition, unless otherwise noted in the order or discussed with Portland Car Transport. In addition, if any part of the vehicle falls off during the shipping process, it is the responsibility of the Client, not the Carrier (this also includes any damages resulting from those parts to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved).
8. Portland Car Transport provides vehicle shipping services to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico by the use of vessels. Therefore, for any orders involving Ocean Transport, the Client must completely empty vehicle(s) of everything except for factory-installed equipment. Contact our Ocean Freight specialist directly to book your overseas transport.
9. If the vehicle on the shipping order is inoperable or oversized (i.e. dual or oversized wheels, racks, extra-large, lifted, limo, etc.), the Client must inquire about possible extra charges.
The Client may leave some personal property within the vehicle to be transported.
The Client must take note, however, that if the luggage exceeds 100 lbs., they will
need to discuss the transport of the luggage directly with the Carrier. Both
the Carrier and Portland Car Transport are not liable for any personal items
left within the vehicle. These parties are also not liable for any damages
caused to vehicle due to excessive or improper loading of personal items.
The Carrier will not transport any dangerous or harmful personal property in
the Client’s vehicle(s). This includes, but is not limited to explosives, ammunition,
firearms, flammable materials, narcotics, negotiable or legal papers, alcoholic
beverages, jewelry, money, live pets, furs, live plants, or any other items considered
illegal or dangerous. And, the Client agrees that Portland Car Transport or the
Carrier is authorized to remove and/or dispose of said dangerous items. If this
occurs, no compensation will be given to the Client.
12. In addition, both the Carrier and Portland Car Transport will not be held responsible for delivery of any personal property. If the Client wishes to place any items in the vehicle, it is at the Client’s own risk.
Inspections and Damages
13. Both the Client and the Carrier must thoroughly inspect the vehicle for any pre-existing damages (to the exterior only) at the time of the pickup. Then, they should complete a vehicle inspection report. This report is then recorded on the Bill of Lading. Both the Carrier and Client must acknowledge and agree upon the condition of the vehicle at this time. Then, the Client must sign the Bill of Lading. They should receive a copy after it is signed.
Then, at the time the vehicle is delivered, the Client, with the Carrier
present, should thoroughly inspect the vehicle again, looking for any damages
that occurred during the transportation process. Then, the Carrier and Client must
both acknowledge and agree on the current condition of the vehicle. After, the Client
will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
If there are any damages, they must be written on the Bill of Lading in the
designated place. Then, the Client must sign the Bill of Lading. If the Client signs
both the Bill of Lading and the inspection report without noting any damages, that
means that the Client has agreed and verified that they received the vehicle in
a satisfying condition. This also verifies that the Carrier no longer is
responsible or liable for anything involving the Client’s vehicle.
16. All responsibility is given to the Carrier after signing the Bill of Lading. The Carrier is required by law to carry a Cargo and Liability Insurance policy. Portland Car Transport will provide the details of the Carrier’s insurance policy to the Client upon request. However, the Client agrees that Portland Car Transport is not responsible for any property damage claims to the Client’s vehicle. The liabilities fall upon the Carrier and the Carrier’s insurance. However, Portland Car Transport nor the Carrier will be held responsible for damage caused by force majeure (i.e. damage from storms) or any damages that occur due to worn/broken parts of vehicle or added personal property.
In addition, the Client also agrees and understands that Portland Car Transport
is only responsible for acquiring a Carrier for the shipment of the Client’s vehicle/property.
Thus, it is the Carrier that accepts all responsibility of the vehicle after the
first inspection is completed and the Client signs the Bill of Lading. After the
vehicle is delivered, the final inspection is completed, and the Client signs
the Bill of Lading, the Carrier is no longer responsible.
18. If the Client is unavailable to be present at the point of pickup or delivery for any reason, they must elect another person to act as their agent. Even when designating an agent, the Client understands that all the same terms and conditions apply.
19. The Client has the option to cancel a transportation order 24 hours before the pick-up date with NO CANCELLATION FEE. After 24 hours, cancellation is charged with the deposit. However, if the Client decides to cancel their order, they must contact their shipping coordinator or another member of Portland Car Transport by phone or email as soon as possible.
20. In pursuing services, the Client also agrees that Portland Car Transport has the right to reject or cancel any order at its sole discretion.
Payment Methods and Terms
21. Once Portland Car Transport has selected, assigned, and dispatched a Carrier for the Client’s shipping order, Portland Car Transport will notify the Client based on the contact information given during the booking process. For all orders placed through Portland Car Transport, a small portion of the payment is required after pickup of the vehicle.
22. This nonrefundable deposit is calculated according to factors
of the shipment. This includes variable such as the type and condition of the
vehicle; the type of shipment requested; and the distance of the shipment
(according to the pickup and drop off locations).
23. Portland Car Transport’s services are considered rendered once a Carrier is assigned to an order and begins travel to the pickup location. Therefore, the small deposit fee charged upon the pickup is considered the payment for services already rendered. For this reason, the deposit is nonrefundable. By accepting the order form, you authorize us to charge the non-refundable deposit. The remainder of the payments are due to the Carrier at the time of delivery.
24. The Client is responsible for providing the full payment owed
when the Carrier delivers the vehicle. At that time, all payments to the
Carrier must be made. These payments can be made in the form of cash, cashier’s
check or money order. Before the delivery, business checks, credit or debit
card payments should be discussed and agreed upon between the Client and the
Carrier. It is also important to note that funds must be made payable to the
delivering Carrier and not to Portland Car Transport.
25. If the Client is unable to make the payment by these means, the Client understands that the vehicle will then be stored, at Client’s expense. The vehicle will be held until the Client pays all transport charges in full. In addition, if the Client (or the Client’s selected agent) is unable to accept the delivery for any reason, the vehicle will also be stored. Then, any storage and/or re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Client.
26. In addition, the Client agrees to pay the full price of the shipment that is owed to Portland Car Transport or the Carrier in full. This means that the Client agrees to not attempt to dispute the payment for any reason (such as damage claims, delays, or other unforeseen circumstances). If there are any of these issues, the Client must note them on the Bill of Lading. After, the Client should file a claim with the Carrier’s insurance. This is considered a separate matter than the payment for the transportation services.
27. According to this agreement, Portland Car Transport is
relieved from any and all actual or alleged causes of action, loss, liability, claims,
demands, injuries, and/or damages (to persons or property). Portland Car Transport
is not responsible no matter if these are brought by an individual or another
entity and then imposed by a court of law or by the administrative action of
any federal, state, or local agency, as a result of any acts, negligence, omissions,
or willful misconduct of Portland Car Transport or the Carrier (or any
personnel, agents, or connected parties).This includes, without limitation, the
payment of any penalties, fines, attorney’s fees, or other related expenses, in
addition to any reimbursements to the Company for all legal expenses and costs
incurred by it.
28. Any shipment booked by the Client through Portland Car Transport is subject to these Terms and Conditions, as well as to the terms specified in the Bill of Lading.
29. In addition, these terms shall override all previous written
or oral communication between Portland Car Transport and the Client. Once a Client
books the services of Portland Car Transport, they have agreed to all of the
above terms. The Client warrants that they have read this agreement in its
entirety and accepts the terms.