Portland Wednesday Traffic and Road Closures, According to ODOT
May 9, 2018
The ODOT (Oregon Department of Transportation) has completed an initial study of traffic counts on the first phase of the Newberg-Dundee Bypass which opened in January. According to the study, 12,000 vehicles use the roadway daily. The study, released Tuesday, shows that less traffic is using OR 99W from Newberg to Dundee and that more travelers are using Springbrook Road and other area streets than before the bypass opening.
ODOT will continue to monitor the traffic impacts and will complete a preliminary evaluation by the summer. The bypass route travels southwest of Newberg and reconnects with OR 99W just south of Dundee.
- SOUTHEAST 8:57 a.m.; Crash on Southeast 82nd Avenue at Foster Road. One southbound lane is blocked.
- VANCOUVER 8:53 a.m.; Sign maintenance on SR 14 eastbound at milepost 16.82, near 32nd Street. Flaggers are alternating one-lane traffic. Use caution and follow instructions.
- DOWNTOWN 8:50 a.m.; Crash on Northwest Second Avenue at Burnside Street.
- WILSONVILLE 6:30 a.m.; Crash blocks the left lane of I-5 northbound at the north end of the Boone Bridge. Traffic backing up to Donald/Aurora exit.
MAX Blue and Red lines are disrupted due to track work near Providence Park through Friday, May 11. MAX riders, especially on the west side should pay attention to the changes:
- Only MAX Blue line trains are running west of Portland City Center – between Hillsboro and Goose Hollow/SW Jefferson St Station. Red lines will not travel beyond City Center.
- Kings Hill/SW Salmon St MAX Station and Providence Park MAX Station are closed.
- Shuttle buses are running between Goose Hollow/SW Jefferson Station and the Library/SW 9th Ave and Galleria/SW 10th Ave stations.
- Riders on the west side or who travel through the disrupted area should plan at least an extra 30 minutes for trips.
- During the commuting hours only – riders on the Blue line, between downtown Portland and Gresham, and on the Orange line route will see fewer trains and should plan to add an extra 15 minutes to regular trips.